1. Nature of Information Collected
Information Provided by Users: All information provided to us when a user registers, subscribe to services or purchase services on Pods, including name, address, telephone number, email address, gender etc. All information a user chooses to share on Pods such as photos, videos, comments, events or other user generated content that may be uploaded on Pods. Information constituting personal information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information(SPDI). For this purpose, Personal Information means any information that relates to a natural person which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information, is capable of identifying such person. SPDI means Personal Information which consists of information relating to:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album.
- Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
- If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to one of your friends), we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
- We also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Anonymized Data, as defined in the applicable Terms and Conditions of Use, which is de-identified, de-aggregated and/or altered such that it cannot be connected or linked to any specific user.
Information collected by Us: Technical information such as your IP Address, login information, operating system, browser type, the page served, time preceding page viewed, purchase history, search history, length of visits, metadata (data about other information collected, such as date, time, size etc.) (collectively referred to as “Usage Information”).
Log file information, i.e. information automatically reported by your browser upon accessing Pods.
Demographic data, profile data about users and behavioural information such as advertisements clicked on, products viewed, reviews read etc.
Information from your mobile phone such as mobile number, device type, contacts list, location, IP address, login information, search history, purchase history, length of visits, metadata etc.
Cookies: Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers or files that we transfer to your device through your web browser/mobile device to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as ‘Recommended for You’, personalized advertisements on other web sites.
Most browsers allow you to prevent them from accepting new cookies or disable cookies altogether. Each browser is different; so check the ‘help’ menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Since cookies allow you to take advantage of some of the website or app’s essential features, we recommend that you leave them turned on. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use other interactive features on Pods.
- Provide general analytics.
- Study traffic patterns in order to improve Pods performance, to customize your experience, and to better match your interests and preferences.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Pods services.
- Support security measures, such as requiring re-login into the website after a certain time period has elapsed.
- Save your username and password, if you login to Pods, so that we can process the saved information and quickly log you into Pods.
- Assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities.
We may also allow third party advertising and analytics cookies. These are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who would advertise on Pods. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on Pods. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. Such cookies are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
Location : You can choose to prevent Pods from accepting or rejecting your location information. Each browser/mobile application is different; so check its ‘help’ menu to learn how to change your location preferences. Since location and time information allow you to take advantage of Pods essential features, we recommend that you leave them turned on. If you choose to decline the location and time information, you may not be able to use most of the features on Pods.
Use of Information: We use user information mentioned in Clause 1 in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- To provide safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience on Pods and allow you to participate in the features we offer on Pods.
- To process your registration and/or upload your user generated content.
- To enforce the applicable Terms and Conditions of Use and minimize and protect you from fraud and other criminal activity.
- To create a “User Account” and/or a “Business Account” for the storage of your Personal Information, for subsequent transfer, download and use.
- To carry out obligations arising from contracts between you and us including but not restricted to delivery of our services, collection of payment and provision of customer services.
- To provide you with information, products and services that you have requested/subscribed for, or agreed to receive; For internal operations such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research, testing and service improvement of Pods, and to improve Pods.
- To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
- To fulfil other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise, with your consent.
In addition, we may use Anonymized Data for the purposes disclosed in the applicable Terms and Conditions of Use.
By visiting, accessing and/or using Pods and/or submitting your information, you consent to such use of your information, including your Personal Information (if applicable) by us.
2. Transfer and Disclosure of Information
We may transfer your information, including Personal Information, SPDI, Usage Information and device information to third parties if we are under a duty to close or share such information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or where we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or at the request of Governmental authorities conducting an investigation or in order to enforce, verify or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements or policies, or to respond to an emergency.
We may engage third parties to perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting or operating Pods, sending email communications, and data analysis. We may share your Personal Information with third parties in order for them to provide content or otherwise perform services for us, and we will require such parties to maintain appropriate security practices to protect such information from unauthorized access or processing.
By visiting, accessing and/or using Pods and/or submitting your information you consent to such transfer and disclosure of your information including your Personal Information.
3. Storage of Information
Your information collected by us may be stored, by us or our affiliates, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors. Information may be stored in or outside India. Your information shall be stored only for the period necessary for purposes specified herein-above.
By visiting, accessing and/or using Pods and/or submitting your information you consent to such storage of your information, including your Personal Information and SPDI.
4. Your Rights
You have a right to opt-out of providing any of the information mentioned in Clause 1. However, in such event we reserve the right to refuse or limit your access and use of Pods and its features, including services offered on Pods.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use, disclosure or transfer of your information mentioned in Clause 1. However, in such event we reserve the right to refuse or limit your access and use of Pods and its features, including services offered on Pods.
You have the right to update or correct your information by going Edit Profile Option on Pods.
You have the right to unsubscribe from any commercial communication, which is not essential for us to provide you our services. You may exercise such right by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any of our e-mail communications or sending us an email email@example.com.
5. Security Practices
Personal Information collected by Pods would not constitute Sensitive Personal Information, and does not need prior consent of the User. In the event such Sensitive Personal Data or Information as defined under Privacy Rules is ever required to be collected by the Company, such information would be collected, stored, processed, transferred, disclosed and destroyed in accordance with law.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your information and to protect your information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction.
For the above purpose, we have adopted internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where your information is stored.
We also have a comprehensive documented information security program and policy which contains managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures, as required by law.
However, in order to facilitate more effective data protection we urge you to take steps to keep your information safe, by memorizing your passwords, or keeping them in a safe place (separate from your account information), logging out of user accounts, and closing your web browser.
Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction:
- If your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive
- Where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon or
- If the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Pods account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
6. Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
These Terms are governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of India.
8. EU privacy/data protection rights
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has provided the below rights to the EU residents:
- Right to information - including contact details to the DPO, the purposes for processing Personal Information and the rights of the individual.
- Right to access the Personal Information that are processed
- Right to erasure (”Right to be forgotten”)
- Right to rectification
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability of the Personal Information supplied to Pods by the EU resident
- Right to object (opt-out) to processing (unless Pods otherwise has compelling legitimate grounds).
EU residents can exercise these rights by raising a request directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. California privacy rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. To exercise these rights, just raise a request directly at email@example.com.